Friday, April 3, 2009

Life on the Farm

Life on the farm can certainly get crazy. In the past month, we have added two additions to our menagerie. Introducing Zoë, a Quaker Parrot and Hazi, a painted mare. Hazi was apparently rescued but her new owner wasn’t able to ride her as much as Hazi needed. My sister knew I always wanted a mare paint and thought of me.

Hazi is 5-years-old and is quite the horse. Out on the trail I always have to be on my guard in case she spooks @ the wind or something flying. When I wasn’t on my guard she spooked over something blowing underneath her and did a 360. Now that was fun. But I stayed on…the most important thing.

This picture is of Jessica, one of the twins that comes and assists us on the farm, in exchange for riding lessons and trail rides. She is riding Casper, who has issues of her own lately. She will not ride past a certain point on the street that leads to South Mountain. We have worked and worked with her with no avail. We are determined, however, to get her up that dang mountain.











The picture to the right is of our neighbors chickens on our high wires. Perhaps they were trying to get away from the dogs or coyotes that seem to roam the farm quite often.






Now, on to Willa and me. Willa has been on the farm now for almost three months. She is adjusting quite well. As you can see in the pictures, she has gained a lot of weight. We are working on her always digging her way to China in the front yard, and eating everything in sight, rather it's edible or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment