Friday, January 23, 2009

Adventures with Willa - Our First Week




Adventures with Willa - Our First Week
We came home and I put all the dogs inside the house, so I could get Willa in my bedroom. She immediately went inside the kennel that I had prepared for her. She seemed to really love the fuzzy dog bed I bought her. In the picture, on the right, you can see that she is still groggy. She slept for quite awhile. On Wednesday, I allowed her outside with Paco and Pop-a-La. Paco growled @ her, because she wanted to play and Pop-a-La didn’t know what to think of her. I put her in my room when I went to work. At night, I allowed her outside with the rest of the dogs. Willa is such a happy and excited dog that she just wants to play with everyone. Our dogs other are just normally lazy.

Thursday was a whole different story. I came home and opened up my bedroom door and noticed that it was awfully bright. I looked up and realized that Willa had climbed on my desk and took down the heavy blanket that I had covering the window. My room is ½ of my office, as well. She had dumped everything off the desk onto the floor. I think she did this because there were some tennis balls on my nightstand that she was trying to get to. Plus, I had the window partly opened, so perhaps she heard all the birds in the backyard.


I put her outside while I cleaned up the mess. When I left for a couple of hours last night I had to lock her into the kennel, which I really didn’t want to do, but knew I had no choice. She did okay but she grabbed at anything that she could within reach, and dragged it into the cage.

Today she was in the kennel for almost four hours. Before I left this morning I could hear her do this little whine, but it didn’t last very long. When I returned home, she was so happy to see me. I let her out to roam outside with the other dogs. Because she is still healing from surgery, I am unable to leave her outside with the other dogs or by herself for now.

I guess we have some training issues to work on. I think she is just so grateful to be out of the pound. She is so full of excitement, which surprises me with how skinny she is. It’s a wonder she has any strength at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment